Thursday 27 October 2011

Complete a course on iTunes U

If you haven't come across iTunes U, it's a resource of free university courses distributed through iTunes. Naturally I wanted to learn something that would enrich me spiritually and come in useful in my daily life, so I picked the course Zombies! The Living Dead in Literature from the University of Alabama.

Okay, before you all start laughing, don't tell you lot haven't already got your survival plan worked out for the Zombie Apocalypse. I reckon I could do a good job of fortifying my flat - plenty of sturdy fire doors between me and the shuffling masses, and I live on the first floor, so the neighbours downstairs will get munched first. Also I could use the terraced roofs as an escape route if my perimeters got breached.



On a more serious note, the course was actually pretty good, and covered such issues as race, consumerism and religion through the medium of zombies. I certainly never thought I'd have Freud's concept of the Uncanny explained to me in a lecture entitled, "She's not your mother any more."

This has been one of my favourite tasks so far. I think I may have to spend some more time on iTunes U.

No comments:

Post a Comment