Sunday 26 February 2012

Visit the Pandas at Edinburgh Zoo

I was in Edinburgh this week, and decided to take the opportunity to go see the pandas. Though I nearly didn't get to as I only realised the day before that you have to pre-book a panda viewing on the Edinburgh Zoo website. Fortunately I managed to get my booking done in time.

Only Tian Tian (the female panda) was available for viewing as Yang Guang (the male) was having a rest from a busy half-term week of.....erm, being a panda? Before going in we got strict warnings to turn off the flashes on our cameras because that would stress Tian Tian, and also not to run around making noise as that would stress her too.

Christ, pandas sounds like wussy creatures. No wonder they're endangered.

As it turned out though, Tian Tian wasn't paralysed by stage fright, and in fact came out for a good old wander by the glass, so I was able to take some excellent photos.





Cute. Seriously cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment